Re: Open letter to Martin Schulze

Hi,
>>"Ioannis" == Ioannis Tambouras <ioannis@flinet.com> writes:

 >> This is a problem. However, the loudest opposition suffers from
 >> the opposite problem - they seem to think that they got The
 >> Truth[tm].
 >>
 >> It's an easy decision for me. Under no circumstances do I want to
 >> trust people who own The Truth[tm].

 Ioannis> Very good. And now you are in a position to advise with me
 Ioannis> about Debian management. This I conceive to be the
 Ioannis> discussion that stands before us: the developers want the
 Ioannis> attain that kind of system by which men order the state of
 Ioannis> their house, and know when to receive and when to send away
 Ioannis> its members and strangers, as a good organization should
 Ioannis> know. Now, to whom should we go in order that we may learn
 Ioannis> this wisdom? Did not my previous arguments state clearly
 Ioannis> that we should send them to those who profess and vouch that
 Ioannis> they have experience, and are ready to impart their advice
 Ioannis> to any one who likes?

	Fine. I have, I profess and I vouch I have: 15,000 years of
 experience in the moulding of youth and software projects, and
 verily, wrote the word processor used to carve the tales of the
 phaoroahs.  I am willing to lead Ye all.

 Ioannis> Of all the people who profess that they know how to do men
 Ioannis> good, do you mean to say that these are the ones who not
 Ioannis> only do them no good, but instead corrupt those who seek
 Ioannis> advice in them, and in return for this disservice have the
 Ioannis> face to continue to post on this list?

	Why not? Read of Machiavell, Sun Tzu, and Chanakya, before you
 start believing so totally in the goodness of your fellow man.

 Ioannis> Indeed, I cannot believe you; How could it be that a
 Ioannis> craftsman of old shoes, or patcher of clothes, who made the
 Ioannis> shoes or clothes worse than he received them, could not have
 Ioannis> remained undetected and would not very soon have starved, or
 Ioannis> persons who advise that the administration of Debian be
 Ioannis> similar to other projects that have been successfull on
 Ioannis> internet are out of their minds?

	I envy you your world view.

 Ioannis> Lets calmly consider whether any of these advisers corrupt
 Ioannis> the rest. Will not the good man, who says whatever he says
 Ioannis> with a view to the best, speak with a reference to some
 Ioannis> standard and not at random; He describes all things in
 Ioannis> order, and compels one advice to harmonize with all others,
 Ioannis> until he has constructed a regular and systematic whole and
 Ioannis> give order and regularity to the house. And the house in
 Ioannis> which order and regularity prevail is good, that in which
 Ioannis> there is disorder is evil. How could it then be that those
 Ioannis> who encourage order harm the rest, when a well ordered house
 Ioannis> is a well administered house?

	Order is not necesarily good. Excessive order can be the most
 evil of all (I would hate to live in the orderly, regimented world of
 1984.)

	Manoj
 Currently reading the 12th different traslation of the art of war.
--
 "Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit!" Looney Tunes,
 "What's Opera Doc?" (1957, Chuck Jones)